You must be over 18 years old to use our Site. By using our Site you confirm that you are over 18 years of age.
We promise to keep your personal data safe and private, not to sell your personal data, and to give you a simple way to view and manage your marketing and communication choices at any time.
There are three categories of information we collect:
1. Information you give to us: information necessary for use of the Site: we ask for this information when you use the Site as it is required for proper performance of our contract with you.
i) Email information – when you submit your email address to us to join our mailing list
ii) Competition information – When you enter a competition with us such as first name, last name and email address.
2. Information you choose to give us: you can choose to give us additional information that is not essential for use of the Site but will enhance your experience and help us provide a better service to you. This information is processed based on your consent.
i) If you contact us outside of the Site via email or other method
ii) If you complete a user questionnaire or survey.
3. Information we automatically collect from your use of the Site: when you use the Site we automatically collect information, including personal data. This information is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us, as well a given our legitimate interest to improve the functionality of the Site and provide you with a good service.
i) Site Usage Information: we collect information about pages you visit and your searches
ii) Geolocation information: we collect information that includes your IP address and this can be used to determine your approximate location.
iii) Log data and device information: we collect log data and device information for when you use the Site, even if you are not logged in or registered for an account with us. This information is vital to us for to prevent fraudulent or malicious use of the Site.
How we use this Information: we may use and disclose personal data only for the following purposes:
1. To communicate with Site visitors and competition entrants.
2. To send you information and promotional material to you by email. You will only receive this information if you have positively opted in and you can stop receiving this content at any time.
3. To send you alerts and notifications by email based on transactions you make on the Site – such as entering a competition. These are essential for the performance of our contract and you cannot opt out of receiving these messages, but you will only receive them if you make such transactions.
5. To enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions and applicable law. This includes storing server log data that help us prevent Site misuse and violation.
6. To protect the rights and safety of our customers, site visitors and third parties.
7. To meet legal requirements, comply with the law, court orders, respond to legal requests or an official investigation.
8. To provide information to our advisors or agents, such as lawyers and accountants.
9. We may share your data with a third party if we choose to sell, transfer or merge part or all of our business – or we we seek to acquire another business or merge with them. We will only share your data with a third party in this case if they agree to keep your data safe and private and have the appropriate safeguards in place. In any such event we will notify you of the change either by sending you an email or posting a notice on our Site.
Recipients of Your Data
1. Other Site Users: if you interact with the Site to enter a competition, we will share data with the competition partner only if you allow us to share that information. This information is therefore provided with your consent.
4. Other Third Parties: we may share your data with a third party if we choose to sell, transfer or merge part or all of our business – or we we seek to acquire another business or merge with them. We will only share your data with a third party in this case if they agree to keep your data safe and private and have the appropriate safeguards in place.
Examples of TTPs we use include (but are not limited to):
Hosting – Krystal Hosting
Email – Mailchimp
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
2. Right of access: you have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information. You can request this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to a request as soon as reasonably possible. We may ask you to verify your identity.
3. Right to rectification: you have the right to ask us to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete by emailing email@example.com. We will respond to a request as soon as reasonably possible. We may ask you to verify your identity.
4. Right to erasure: you have a right to have your personal data erased. This is also known as the “right to be forgotten”. You can ask us to delete your data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to a request as soon as reasonably possible. We may ask you to verify your identity.
5. Right to restrict processing: in certain circumstances, you have a right to restrict the way we may process your personal data, as an alternative to erasing it, if you have a particular reason for wanting it restricted
6. Right to data portability: your right to data portability entitles you to obtain personal data you have provided to us – in a commonly used, structured format – and request that we send it to another another service provider (if technically feasible).
7. Right to object or withdraw consent: you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data where the use is based on our legitimate interests (including profiling), or where it is used for direct marketing. You may at any time ask us to stop processing of your information for direct marketing purposes, by emailing us at email@example.com or by following the link on our emails.
How Long We May Keep Your Data: we generally retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as necessary to provide you with our service. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements.
Security: we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.